Are you searching for the best USB microphones for acoustic/classical guitar recording? Can’t decide which one is better for you? You will be able to make the right decision after reading this article.
Guitar USB mics do not always sound good; some lack EQ and recording options, and some aren’t very convenient to use. The market is flooded with classical guitar microphones, but most are expensive for newcomers. To help you find the finest USB mic for acoustic guitar as well as classical guitar recording, we have shortlisted the five most popular mics. They are multifunction and produce crisp, high-quality sound, an excellent way to enhance your sound and capture your audience’s attention.
Detailed Review Of 5 best USB microphones for acoustic/classical guitar recording
1: Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Microphones for Acoustic Guitars
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kilohertz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
If you need a good compromise between quality and value, the Audio-Technica AT2020 is a superb choice. This mic produces superb audio quality with a sampling rate of 44.1/48 kHz and 16-bit resolution, making it one of the most well-known USB mics on the market.
Moreover, It also works well when recording acoustic instruments. It is suitable for various guitar styles and provides a clear response from low to high, regardless of whether you’re playing bassy chords or a solo near the body.
Reasons For Likings:
- Enhanced clarity and musical detail through the internal headphone amplifier.
- Volume-controlled headphone jack lets you monitor the microphone signal.
- Suitable for podcasting, home studios, field recordings, and voiceovers.
- A bad choice for recording instruments.
2: AKG P120 Classical Guitar USB Microphones
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 150 dB
This AKG P120 Project Studio Condenser Microphone is part of a line of high-quality, affordable studio microphones that are perfect for home recording studios. Thanks to this microphone’s good accuracy and versatility, you can record both vocals and instruments simultaneously. You can stream content and play games with it if you want.
In addition to being extremely durable, the AKG P120 additionally comes with an Attenuation Pad, preventing overloading the electronics by limiting the input signal from loud sources. Aside from that, it’s an incredibly durable microphone and has a great diaphragm weight.
Reasons For Likings
- Offers outstanding performance.
- Using this low-mass diaphragm, you can record vocals, speech, and instruments.
- Rugged and robust all-metal body.
- Shock mounts are not included.
3: MXL 770 Acoustic USB Microphones
- Top Selling multi-purpose condenser microphone
- Excellent for vocals, pianos, stringed instruments, and percussion
- Balanced bass response with high end clarity
Having a condenser mic in your home studio is possible with mics like the MXL 770 Acoustic Guitar Microphone, which costs around $100. With its matte charcoal finish, gold lettering, and gold trim, some may recognize the MXL name as a budget mic provider, but this is not a mic that you’ll be ashamed to show off.
An elegant, low-profile spider shock mount completes the handsome appearance of the MXL 770 large cap condenser microphone. This instrument can deliver versatile performance on various sound sources, such as voices, acoustic guitar strings, pianos, and percussion.
Reasons For Likings
- Contains low-frequency roll-off with a -10db pad.
- FET preamp has a wide dynamic range and a transformer-less balanced output.
- Good clarity by neutral voicing in critical audio applications
- It comes with a mediocre shock mount.
4: AKG Lyra USB Microphones for Recording
- ultra-hd quality audio - 24-bit/192khz high-resolution converters
- adaptive capsule array - four-capsule mic array provides four user-friendly capture modes
- easy setup and universal compatibility - intuitive, plug-and-play setup and operation with support for...
No idea what audio is all about? The AKG Lyra microphone is designed especially for those looking for the highest level of audio quality without extensive audio knowledge. It is branded as an “Ultra-HD Multimode USB Microphone” that sounds great, has a variety of uses, and is poised to revolutionize the audio industry.
Furthermore, the mic’s base features a USB output and a 3.5mm jack for plugging in your headphones while recording. A volume dial is located on the front of the device, and adjusting it won’t affect your recordings. A mute button is also useful if you typically get disturbed during interviews online. The AKG Lyra could also make an excellent addition to your travel kit for audiophiles who record on the road.
Reasons For Likings
- Ideal for musicians or small producers/creators with limited budgets.
- Preamps and microphones together produce high-quality sound.
- Easily storable and fits discreetly on a desk.
- Work with specific preamps and converters, not with other gear.
5: Razer Seiren X USB Microphones
- Built-In background Noise Reduction: Utilizes a supercardiod pickup microphone to eliminate distracting...
- Built-In Shock Mount: Dampens vibrations to help protect against bumps for smooth and uninterrupted audio
- Zero Latency Monitoring: Allows for real-time in-stream monitoring without confusing echos
If you are a streamer looking for a portable or space-saving setup, then the Razer Seiren X is an excellent choice. It delivers crystal-clear vocals and picks up keyboards and mice even with its “supercardioid” polar pattern. Unlike cardioids, Seiren Xs pick up only what you want them to-usually your voice.
It performs well when recording vocals in isolation. In addition to picking up details in higher frequencies, it also gives a “breathy” sound. Despite its lack of authority, the low end can cut through a mix. Compressing vocal recordings gives them more punch and clarity.
Reasons For Likings
- Avoid distractions like ambient noise, keyboard clicking, and passing trains.
- While streaming, bumps and bangs are bound to occur from time to time.
- Sleek and non-obstructive, ideal for a gaming setup.
- Its single pickup pattern limits its versatility.
You have plenty of choices from our list of 5 best USB microphones for acoustic/classical guitar recording. You will end up with clear, crisp audio regardless of which option you choose among those above. Be sure to learn about mic techniques before using them.
I am Ahmad. I am 28 years old and I am from Pakistan. I am an Affiliate Marketer and content writer.